A Sad Dog Day
Frank is sick. And by sick I don`t mean he has a little fever. I mean, according to the vet, that he has a giant hernia in his little abdomen that causes his intestines to sometimes fall out of his intestinal cavity, and this makes his unable to go poop at all. This results in him vomiting everything he eats. The only option is surgery, which may have to be done tomorrow, but will definately have to be done within a month if he wants to live.
BUT that is not all, on top of this Frank has a small hole in his skull which has not closed up properly, and this means he could die at any hit on the head.
YET, STILL, not all. Frank has a problem with his nervous system that causes him to have seizures, which the doctor said will probably go away when he gets older, but it is due to some sort of problems with his spine and nerves. He freaking had an epilectic, foaming-at-the-mouth seizure right in front of me, and then curled up in a ball, frozen like a mummy, and his eyes didn`t even respond to light.
I called Edwin and he said he`ll probably die.
He probably will. So why am I spending my money on his medicine and possible surgeries? I can`t very well just let him die without trying to help him.
And why am I the only one who`s sad about it?
This has been a hard day.

2 Comments:
OMG...Jess that is sooooo sad.....growing up our family dog (Queenie) had epilepsy...she would have seizures too and lived to a ripe old age but she didn't have all the other problems that Frank has. I can understand why you're so sad. What does Edwin's mom say to do??? How much is the surgery? Is the surgery a guarantee?? Call me when you can. Maybe i can help in some small way. I know how much you love him already!!!
oh yes, im sorry about little Frank. You are not the only sad one...I'm sad too (and so is Carrie, she's with me). These are some hard decisions you are making. You are wise though...I love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home