Update, what in the world have i been doing?
I can´t seem to remember if this is a proverb in english, but i just read it in spanish and its so funny to me:
In a group of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
HAHA!
Has your life ever been getting crappy and then you got your paycheck and your life turned upside down? When I got my paycheck last week I went on a happy spree of joy, buying frappuccinos and joining too many classes, making too many social commitments and buying extravagant blankets for my puppy.
Since October 1st, payday, a lot has happened, and I have been super busy. The first of these is that I started with classes of Pilates. Thats right, each day I go and work my tail off for one hour to the sound of New Age hits, doing strange yet surprisingly difficult exercises with giant rubber balls and machines that make you feel like you´re a fish swiming in the sea. Especially with the relaxing ´sail away sail away sail away´ music and the teacher consistently repeating, ´inhale, and exhale.´ I´m getting buff.
Secondly, Frank Sinatra has come to live with me. My new puppy, who cries every night, who weighs less than 2 pounds, who has fallen off the side of the bed in multiple suicide attempts or perhaps just due to lack of depth perception, who can not eat a spoonfull of puppy food without throwing up and does not like the taste of bottled water, who poops on my floor without apologies, has come to live with me, and I love him despite him being a total impedement to my regular life. I like that he is happy to see me and he follows me around, and rides willingly on public transportation, tucked safely away in a the pocket of my purse. haha.
I´ve been giving private english classes to one of edwin´s cousins, apart from my regular work. I´m still doing translation for little Rosa.
Apart from this I´m hanging out with people, taking lovely trips to San Cristobal, enjoying the cold boot-and-jacket-wearing weather there, and getting fall fever despite the fact that fall doesnt exist. I´m secretly so jealous thinking of the crisp sweater weather in kentucky right now. Grrrrrrr.....
The grocery stores are selling imported and mexican style pumpkins (the mexican pupkins are weird shaped and green!) and this weekend I´m planning on trying my hand at a pumpkin pie. I´ve been invited to a halloween costume party! I still haven´t decided on a costume though. Any ideas?
I will start my art classes this week again.
Well, thats all for today....

3 Comments:
well don't be too jealous of the crisp weather in KY...since global warming has apparenty come to KY full swing and yesterday it was 90 degrees. That is correct, it is much more fall-like in San Cristobol. Say hi to Frank!
Bree
Ahhh but fall has finally come upon us - today (Thursday 10/11-Bobbi's birthday) it is only going to be a high of 63...that's 30 degrees less than it was on monday 10/9...go figure!!! But i do believe fall has arrived and it's my understanding that it could be a rough winter...i can only hope that "fall" lasts as long as summer did this year!!! Love you and prayers for Frank!!
I'm thinking that the natives might find it humorous to see you dressed up in those typical pumpkin costumes where you basically just throw a puffy orange trash bag over your head with a face on it. The bag has a face that is, but probably your head should as well during this time.
Post a Comment
<< Home