Monday, August 20, 2007

August Vacations Coming to an End

Well, I've been in the US now for almost 3 weeks and I'll be heading home (home?) to Tuxtla on Friday morning. Lately I've had a lot of fun spending time with good friends, talking to other good friends on the telephone, and just being with family. I spent the last weekend in Lexington and it was so fun to be there again with Carrie and Bree, to go to The Dame and hear the Big Maracas, to dance the night away, to hike and swim in the KY river, to ride bikes everywhere, to cook with farm-fresh vegetables and enjoy a Co-op breakfast, and just to feel nostaligic and happy.

I have posted some new pictures on the side of things I did and places and people I saw in august. Overall, I'm really happy I came home and, as usual, have mixed feelings of excitement to go back where I'll be starting a new semester of classes, but also a sadness of leaving friends and family yet again.

I think its funny to live in a foreign country and take vacations in the US. It seems so backwards. Oh well.

PS apparently Yahoo Photos is shutting down and moved my photos to the same photobucket site, so if you are interested in seeing pictures from cameroon 3 years ago, they are on the same picture site now.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger JacobG said...

Pictures re-mind of CWJC.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

i feel quite removed from your pictures, but enjoyed them mucho. btw, where are your and carrie“s nose-rings, did they come out?

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger moonrose said...

i agree, jacob, it was sort of cwjc. but there was no jacob to say, "hey jacob, we're making vegetables with rice and we forgot the rice! could you pick some up on your way?" yes, tiffany, you guessed right about our impulsive nose decorations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home