New Blogs posted....I moved into my apartment...
So, I´m never sure if anyone is actually reading my blog anymore. However, if you are...I have added several new links to my really interesting friends´ really interesting blogs on the side there. The newest is The Future by Carrie and Jacob. Another is my friend Laura´s adventure in Cusco, Peru. (Laura, if youre reading, I hope thats ok).
In other news, I moved into my new apartment today, which has a sweet view of the city and the mountains, a lovely landlord , fresh paint, and above all else, a MICROWAVE. I bought some popcorn and I´m going to pop pop pop it up tonight!!!! Yeah! However, the place is a disaster and I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut-off, minus the blood, death, feathers, and countless other reasons why that similie is disturbing to me.
As much as every part of me despises WalMart, is really is the most relaxing, wonderful shopping option if you have a lot of things to buy, and today I did. For my small purchases I go to the corner store and talk to the grocers who are my friends. I use the term friend loosely, it just means they smile at me and give me discounts. They are usually old people who probably think I am lonely here and want to teach me about things like guacamole (I didn´t tell them that everyone in the US already knows about guacamole).
Anyway, in WalMart they have air conditioning, they play american country music and the aisleways are big enough for at least two shopping carts. Plus, I can buy american granola, nutella, alfalfa sprouts, and hummus!!! I´m done with resisting, walmart has my heart.
Did I tell you I have been doing translation for that couple at an art school who have a child with the illness Trisomy 14...that affects her physical and neurological development? I´ve been pretty happily busy with that.
besides that, just still being happy to be back in Tuxtla, happy to be working, happy to have lovely classes and to be eating chilaquiles, my favorite food...

6 Comments:
oh, how i miss microwaves. what wonderful inventions. some friends came over on friday night and brought popcorn already popped since they knew they could not pop it here. ha.
guacamole?! what's guacamole??
Carrie,
it's an avocado based dip created in Mexico often accompanying tortilla chips.
I readdddd
Oh Jessica...i've been reading your blogs....i just haven't had time to write back...work has been busy and i've been consumed with details related to kate moving to chicago...- i promise that starting next week, i will do much better at sending you notes. Please know that i love you and LOVE reading about the details of your everyday life!!! So keeping writing blogs!!!
I still read your blogs! ¡Claro que sí!
Post a Comment
<< Home