Friday, December 07, 2007

I´ve made a crazy decision

I am staying in Tuxtla now until July.

I know. What? I said I was coming home in january, then in february, then in march, now july??? I´m not even quite sure what I am thinking, when I remember that that means I will be here during the hottest few months that exist on earth.

Here is what happened:

I was talking with my friend Ann about how sometimes I want to go home because I´m homesick sometimes, but secretely I´m not ready to leave my life here. I feel like I´ve just gotten adjusted. I just today went to a beautiful park and decided there are many things I like about tuxtla and have not experienced yet. I have just mastered the transportation, I know the best places, I know how to live here and have gotten used to the life. I know people now when I go to public places and I´m just not ready to finish my time here yet. I still want to travel to the jungle to several other touristic sites....Apart from this, Mckinley said she wanted to visit me and if I left she could not. Apart from this, if I left in February as planned, I wouldn´t have the money to do all the things I want to do as far as traveling afterwards.

Just as I was thinking I would like to stay a bit longer, I was offered a job by a friend.

It´s at a really cool english school that offers me basically the same salary for less work. The school is really relaxed, has a garden and a laid back atmosphere with all sorts of resources for the teachers and allows as much creativity as I want. It will be a challenge, because I´ll be teaching lower levels and I will be teaching 2 childrens classes!!! I will start in January.

There are a few things that make me nervous about this decision; one is talking with the director of my current school. I think she´ll be mad that I haven´t given her more warning.

The second is that if Edwin passes his test, he will be moving in March. Which leaves me here, alone in Tuxtla for april-july. I know that four months passes very quickly, and especially if I have some friends, which I do have more of. I could spend the time improving my spanish, taking fun classes, playing, basically doing a million things...but it´s still scary because I feel like I´ll be very alone when he leaves, IF he passes of test.

Anyway, that´s the decision. I won´t be coming home for a while, but when I do, it will be autumn, my favorite season, and I will definately look foward to that.

Ah, I´m still not sure it´s the right decision. I mean, I think it probably is, but a part of me thinks it is not. Oh my goodness, I need some advice. I am so stressed out right now.

6 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I support your decision. And I have told Oscar we are going to Chiapas during Semana Santa! I am happy for you, and we need to talk very soon!

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I support your decision too..even though it means you won't be home for awhile..but as i told you on the phone...the 4-6 months will pass very quickly..it's not like it's a committment for several years!! We'll have to decide now when would be the best time for me to visit....later spring might work out best unless you really want me to come in February...we can talk..k? Love you and congratulations on your new job and your decision :-)

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! it showed me anonymous!! Funny

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um just as long as you still save money for our south american adventures. that all i ask. =)

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, as much as I would like to see you, (I miss you too)I think it's great. It's sounds like a good opportunity, and you get to stay a bit longer. I know your mom is looking forward to visiting and you two will have fun.
And about that haircut... 8^)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger moonrose said...

well done, jess. i think it's a great decision. maybe i will visit mexico then, during the hottest time of the year. same salary and less work sounds good to me, anyway. you are a hardworking woman. anyway congrats on the decision. we'll skype this week sometime, then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home