I got beef wit da government(s)
I am angry with the government of the US today, as I was yesterday and have been for at least 30 hours because the freaking embassy wouldn´t give Edwin a tourist visa after he spent over 200 dollars for in travel and just to get an appointment. They are punishing him for overstaying his last visa, although he only wants to come as a tourist and has enough money and has a professional license to work and even a little piece of property to show he´s not planning on staying. They simply said, ´sorry, try again next year!´
Anyway, grrrrr. Boyfriends are one thing, but I am just imagining all the poor mothers who want to visit their sons in the US, or what happens if your best friend dies in the US and you can´t even get a visa to go to the funeral? The US sucks, man, I am so angry. I might be having a tantrum. It´s not like Edwin is from some small agricultural town and is just going to stay and work and some dumb job he doesn´t want, he just wants to travel like any other young person my age.
I suppose I am mad at reality, feeling that I am fortunate to be born in a powerful country where I can save up money and get a visa wherever I want to travel and explore, but at the same time lamenting that this possibility doesn´t exist for everyone. I mean, obviously I have always known that some people are less fortunate than others, etc, but a part of you just wants to think that people who don´t have opportunities simply are not clever enough or that, y'know, 'god helps those who help themselves.' Well, here in Mexico I have been a personal witness to the experience of disappointment for no fault of my own, controlled by the hands of the stupid government, and it sucks.
I´ve been on a budget, trying to live on 7,500 pesos per month, which is about 700 something dollars, and I have thought it was difficult. But I see signs all the time hiring waitresses or receptionist that only pay like 50 dollars a week, for full time work. And not just anyone can get this job, you have to be pretty. So if you are an ugly girl with no money and education, what are your options? Grrrrrrr.....
In other news, I found size 7 shoes.
There now this entry is not so much of a downer. I will write a new happy one.

2 Comments:
feel your pain.
I don't want to stir the pot too vigorously, oh wait yes I do because it is a culinary metaphor, but he did sort of break the law. I would've like to see him again though.
In other news I'm going to get my passport soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home