Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Actual Conversation with an idiota (me in italics)

So, where are you from?
Kentucky.
Ah, that´s near Japan, right?
Um...no. (What?) Its in the united states.
Kentucky?
Yes.
Like the chicken?
Yes.
Is that where the chicken comes from?
Well, not the chicken, but the idea of cooking the chicken.
Yes, because chicken comes from all around the world.
Ummm...
So you only eat chicken in your house?
No.
Hamburgers? French Fries?
No....
Well, what do you eat, then?
Well, my mom makes a lot of italian kinds of food, pasta with vegetables, lasagna....
Pasta????? So why arent you fat?
I dont know.

4 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG...that is sooo funny...who were you talking to??? Just goes to show you that Americans aren't the only ignorant and/or geographically challenged people in the world.....too funny..thanks for sharing!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger JacobG said...

Konichiwa.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger McKinley Ann said...

Ha, a taxi driver asked me a couple of weeks ago if Kentucky was close to Ecuador. When I said "no, it's in the US," he said, "I know, but it's not close to Ecuador?" So either Ecuador is a new state, or the US is no longer to the north of Mexico.
And, I always just say we eat lots of chicken now to avoid getting trapped into answering more questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home