Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Orlando

Orlando came to class today, announcing his arrival with his squeaky voice at a frequency only dogs and people who loathe him can hear. He stomped into my class disinterestedly with an ice cold water bottle, topless. The water, not the boy, though that could happen any day now. "Where is the top to your water bottle?" I ask him. "There wasn't one." Of course there wasn't. I wouldn't be angry except for the fact that if history really does repeat itself all that water will be on the floor, in the binders and on the pants of the kid next to him within 50 minutes.

I shouldn't be this mean about a little boy, as its probably not his fault he is completely out of control. In fact, its his mom's, as we have recently found out she has a 'few bats in her belfry' (what is a belfry?). Yesterday when I told her that Orlando went to the bathroom and made farting noises for all the kids to hear, then punched a kid, called another 'faggot' and another 'fatty', her only comments were 'well, fatty is not so bad, really. And are you sure the other kids are hitting him first?"

Because of two days of behavior that caused me lose my voice and sweat like a...hmmm...athlete (bad similie! and so?), we decided to make a behavior contract. If he gets sent out of class again he s suspended for a week.

Orlando's head is shaped like a heart, but that does not make me love him more. His chin comes to a acute point, his eyes are oversized and his teeth are separated by little spaces in which one can glimpse his tongue stained a variety of colors of the rainbow from overeating of my markers. All of these characteristics can not help but to lead me to believe that his is related to the devil.

Speaking of the devil, I had a nightmare that makes me never want to go to sleep again. I was walking around an unfamiliar city with Maritza, the receptionist and my friend from the school. It began to rain a monsoon and before I knew it, I was desperately swimming back to my apartment. When I arrive'd to my apartment the bathroom was an eerie light blue and filled with steam as if someone had taken a shower right before. On the mirror was written in spanish 'FUERA' (GET OUT) I ran out screaming to the bedroom only to find a dead body under a giant pillow hidden so I couldn't see the face. The killer was there, a goat-man with blue eyes and bloody lips who always reoccurs in my dreams and is my personal representation of evil. I saw him, I saw the body, and I said these words to end the dream in the most rediculous of ways:

"It's the kung fu teacher!!!!"

What does this dream even mean? If anyone can interpret this dream using one of those '100 common symbols in your dreams' books, I would really be interested to know.

3 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry - can't help you on the dream interpretation but it could be that the demon child has some sort of voodoo curse on you...maybe he was sent to you by the people of Cameroon!!!
Hard to believe that a parent would respond as his mom did - that's insane....i wonder how you will ever make ANY headway with that child...maybe he is God's opportunity to practice love and patience!! LOL

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger JacobG said...

Hahaha oh man, everything about everything is so hilarious. You know how sometimes I think that nothing really funny like that ever happens to me? I just realized that if it did I'd be all like, "Aw man that sucks." and not tell anyone but in reality it's all effin funny. I can't wait to punch Orlando in the Tibia right before I jump on a plane to the legal safety of UMerica. haha just kidding that is called assault and battery. Viva La Goat Man.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger moonrose said...

at the risk of a maligned interpretation, i am going to leave the analysis to jung and his followers, who have way more experience than i. also i have never had a dream that terrifying, though i just read 1984 and have experienced my fair share of disturbing couchemares. however, if i were to analyse your dream as if it were a short story, i would say that there was lots of symbolism here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home