Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mango Nino

So, I know I've expressed my enthusiasm more times than y'all are interested in. But recently I discovered a new mango, that is, the same as other mangoes, but MINIATURE. It's shorter than my finger, smaller than my cell phone and better because you can pop in right in your mouth!!! Everytime I see one I am tickled with joy, thanking God for making such a silly fruit.

Last week in the newspaper there was an incident recorded about a man who got in a drunken fistfight in the local park and was later found unconscious and beat (literally). The police curiously described him something like this:

An inebriated man was found in Parque Joyyo Mayyu last night at 2 AM, after being beaten and left for dead. He still has not been identified. He is 1.72 meters tall and weighs 80 kilos. He was found wearing blue jeans and a red shirt. He had a mango nino in his right pocket.

4 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG...that is hysterical....like someone would read that description then say "that MUST be my son/husband/brother....he NEVER went anywhere without his mango!!" LOL....too funny!!

Did you get the recipe i sent you yesterday for the broiled mangoes? I haven't tried it yet but plan to this evening!!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger JacobG said...

I totally know that guy! Wouldn't it be funny if the words "Prostitute" and "Mango" had their meanings switched? I mean, go back and read the last two entries like this; hilarity.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think those mangos probably make people a target of envious gangs. Be careful when you are toting and eating them.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger polo said...

i can't do much but laugh about this. really, really hard. i love mexico. i can't wait to come there and eat tiny mangos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home