Young and Gifted
Today I asked my students if they know an example of a young person who is ´gifted´.
One student responded, very seriously, looking me in the eyes without the slightest smile,
´young and gifted? Easy. Doogie Hauser.´
Oh my god. I am still laughing.
Well, if you are a loyal blog checker of mine, I apologize for being MIA for the last two weeks. Let me explain.
I went back to Kentucky and saw many of you, had a packed schedule and accomplished most things on my itinerary, from the most shallow things (buying granola and books, eating indian food) to more important things (seeing my friend/sisters apartments and puppy, spending a lot of time with friends and family in general and, most importantly seeing my mother get married.) I also accomplished something I never intended- drinking hot drinks in the freezing cold snowy weather. Who knew that in april it could be so cold? Al Gore is right with all the global warming talk, no?
In general, I must say that my time in Louisville was much too short, and there are a million other things I would have liked to have done. I´ll most likely be back for quite a while in August, as I have a whole month of vacations!
But as for now, I am back into my life here in Tuxtla, having a really good time. I ended up getting in late on Monday night after missing my flight and spending 24 hours waiting in mexico city. Tuesday was spent trying to catch my breath, planning for all my classes and unpacking and boring things like that. Edwin took a vacation day on Wednesday and we played all day at the mall, went to the movies, and I even opened a bank account. I finally feel like Im getting back to normal after vacations, and I will be writing more and hopefull better entries very soon.

7 Comments:
As a loyal blog reader, I am glad you are back blogging and even happier that you are OK and settled back in to your everyday life in Mexico. Still a bit chilly here and very rainy.....married 8 days now....Guy tells everyone that we've been married a week and she already has a "rule"...the rule you ask? No leaving the house without a kiss and saying
ooops my comment got cut off.....the rule is "no leaving the house w/o a kiss and saying goodbye"...not a bad rule....
Looking forward to seeing you again in August....until then though, I'll keep reading your blogs, e-mails and look forward to the occasional phone call. Love and miss you lots.....
--Mom
ooops my comment got cut off.....the rule is "no leaving the house w/o a kiss and saying goodbye"...not a bad rule....
Looking forward to seeing you again in August....until then though, I'll keep reading your blogs, e-mails and look forward to the occasional phone call. Love and miss you lots.....
--Mom
hey jess, as a loyal if not borderline obsessive blog-checker i must say that i was pleased to read an update. the weather gets nicer and then because of the sudden heat it rains which cools everything down, so spring is struggling to survive, like a daffodil or something. anyway jess, i love you.
do you want more granola? i can bring you some. however, i'm going to leave the hot drinks here.
i'd rather have you here at home than in mexico. you are such a tease, coming home for a week like that. so i can't explain to you how hard i laughed because your student said "doogie hauser"...your students are the greatest. i want to be that guy's pen pal. :] love you!
yes, mckin i want more granola! and katie, my student who said doogie was a girl, and she wont be in my class. but i will give you an equally funny pal.
Post a Comment
<< Home