Monday, June 18, 2007

Green With Joy

Now that I am well again, a healthy, functioning human body, prepared to write a blog and do no more 3 hour naps, I am seeing everything with rose colored glasses, so to say. But honestly, its more like green tinted glasses, which, in my opinion, are far superior. Let me explain, once again, that rainy season is in full swing, and everything, within one month, has transformed from a dry, slightly depressing, skin-drying place, to a wet, sweet smelling celebration of the color green. I have seen beautiful spring, summer and fall in kentucky, but I have never seen so many variations of the color green, and I am in heaven.

I found some pictures:
here is the canyon in rainy season
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vonkinder/240093698/in/photostream/
here is the mountain near edwins house in rainy season
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32178524@N00/267314752/
heres some folks hiding from the heavy rains
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_memo/236163978/


I´ve been laying low due to my unexplainable sickness the last month, which left me tired, cranky, and in no mood for blog writing. However, Im cured, praise the lord, and ready to live my life again after finally finding the proper antibiotic.

This weekend was the first weekend I felt better and it was spent mostly on people´s ranches in the country eating weird things, like sheep tacos and cow hearts, which I am still not sure I am okay with. It seems like sacreligious to be eating somebody´s heart, no? Anyway, I feel like I am a true Mayan now that I am eating hearts, next I may be wearing flayed human skin suits and dancing on top of pyramids (there are some 20 minutes away, this could really be a plan.)

Anyway, besides the weird cuisine, the weekend was lovely, spent on top of mountains looking down at the lovely green view below. I couldn´t help thinking to myself, I wish I hadn´t broke my camera. So much of my journey is going undocumented.

I am finally getting adjusted here, and, although excited to come home, I am also sad thinking that this part of my life would not last forever, but such is life, no?

To everyone: sorry I´ve fallen off the face of the earth, now that I am better we´ll be in better touch, no?

I´ll be home in louisville, KY on august 6th, get ready!

4 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and are adjusting to your environment...sure wish you still had your camera!! Do you think we can get it repaired?? I'll check out the picture links later on!
Hope you never get that sick again! That was crazy!!
Love and miss you Jess!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger McKinley Ann said...

the rainy season has recently been blessing us in guadalajara too, and i am therefore no longer green with envy about lush green chiapas and kentucky, since i am getting some of the goodness here too. i am impressed at the extent of your cultural immersion as far as the heart-eating is concerned, because until recently food like thanksgiving turkey was offensive. i am glad that is no longer so, even if you are sacreligious (or just a regular carnivore like lots of other people). i can't wait for you to come here, and then for you to tell me when would be a good time for me to fly down there (fall?).

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger JacobG said...

Just as I have never witnessed so many beautiful shades of concrete as I am surrounded by now!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger JacobG said...

Also you should be aware that you probably stole the soul of whatever animal whose cardiac muscle you ingested. baa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home