Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tomorrow I'm Off Again

This time tomorrow I will be in Tuxtla Gutierrez again, and I sit here in -2 degrees celcius (22 F) and trying to imagine what it will be like tomorrow at 20 C (68 F). Oh, by the way, I am trying to learn how to think in the metric system, a skill I'd really like to acquire seeing how the whole world uses it...

I'm trying to make myself tired right now because its 12:42 am exactly and I am not the least bit sleepy. I'm so wound up that I might have been listening the The Proclaimers cd for at least 30 minutes, singing all the words. Yes, thats the scottish duo that sings "I'm gonna be (I would walk 500 miles and I would walk five hundred more...". Why am I doing this? I have no clue, but no one in the house is awake to stop me.

Tomorrow I will leave on a plane at 8 am to Atlanta, followed by another to Mexico City, where I will experience my first "oh my god I've left the country" moment, adjust to hearing spanish, and then catch a plane to Tuxtla... I'll arrive in lovely Chiapas at 6pm and then my new adventure begins. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Ooooh, I just realized I have Derek Webb on my computer! I almost forgot about him, he's great.

oh gosh I better try to get some sleep...

thank you to everyone who hung out with me, called me, loves me or even reads this at all. It was really wonderful to be home and to see you all, and I'm sad just thinking about leaving. I am using all defense mechanisms to make myself go and not stay here forever just because its more comfortable. So, if I don't cry or get emotional that I'm leaving, its not because I am not sad, its because thats the easiest way to deal with it, is pretend like its no big deal.

3 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And today was the saddest day ever....even when I took you to UK for school you didn't cry ...but today you cried...and it made me cry and i realize how very different this trip is and how much i'm going to miss you.....but i know that you will enjoy this experience as you enjoy ALL of them...and just knowing that you can always come home, hopefully, will make it easier. Enjoy this new chapter of your life Jess....knowing we are all still here in Kentucky loving and missing you very much. I love you!!
--Mom

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go get 'em, tiger.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Bree said...

and now I'M crying too...geez mommie Wendt. Aye Jessi, it's true, we are all here (where is that again?) loving and missing you, but happy that you are there in beautiful Tuxtla Gutierez loving and missing us too. Keep up the good writes. love you
Bree

 

Post a Comment

<< Home