My mother
Apparently I didn´t give my darling mother a shoutout on my last blog entry, so here´s to you, mom:

the number one most common thing said while my mother was visiting the last week of february, was ´que guapa!´or ´your mom is hot!!´
Here she is sitting in a garden at our hotel in san cristobal. She was here for 5 lovely days, mostly spent just hanging out and eating food or walking places, and it was great to have her here and super relaxing and happy. She spoiled me by buying me a blender, bringing me a laptop, cadbury eggs, girl scout cookies from `the states`, and making a homemade spaghetti dinner which she fed to edwin´s entire family in a great display of mexican hospitality. She pretended she wasn´t even stressed out when 30 aunts, uncles and cousins, even the next door neighbor, who was insistant that she return for christmas as well, came over to try `authentic italian food`and asked her to `say a few words` about her stay in mexico. She also straightened my hair, adapted to cold water, didnt complain about anything even when she got sick, withstood the tuxtla heat, and received many presents including an amber bracelet to keep away the bad vibes.
I was so so so proud of her ability to speak and understand spanish, as well, you should see her!!
She was anticipated and welcomed by many, asked about often afterwards, but missed the most by me.

Thats her with edwins parents.
My mom is the best person I know and no blog could ever give her enough credit for everything she means to me.

5 Comments:
I want you to take that same picture of Edwin's parents and me. September!
awe...your mom is so guapa. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. lucky duck.
i thought your mom was you in that picture...not only is your mom guapa but YOU are guapa too. you two are identical. also it made me want my mom come and visit me...you are lucky in fact. love you!
Tiffany
Aww that's so sweet. Your mom made me leave a comment so you know that people read. Your blog entertains me during slow days at work. Keep it up.
Amber
LOL too funny! I was only 1/2 joking when i said that i was upset cuz i didn't even get a single mention......never did i expect an entire blog. I loved being there with you Jess....it was relaxing and fun and I miss you and Mexico very much...I wish i could figure out what kind of a job i could do there so i could move there immediately...Mexican hospitality is THE BEST by far!
TO EVERYONE WHO READS JESS' BLGO: make sure you leave comments......she doesn't believe me when i tell her that we all look forward to reading her stories. She's a gifted writer and we're the beneficiaries of that gift.
Post a Comment
<< Home