Getting a little nervous!!!
Well, dear friends and family, I am officially leaving for Mexico (again) in five quickly approaching days. I started this blog for one to keep in touch with everyone, because it is so much easier and less obnoxious that mass emails, but also because I like to write and hopefully I will write interesting, insightful, or funny things. If you're lucky...
Hey, by the way, you really like the name of this blog, don't you? I know, Im clever.
Okay folks, seriously, when I have told people I am leaving or that I am going to Mexico or Central America they ask "what? why? who? where? how long? what are you doing? are you ever coming back? ahhhhhh!!!" So, just to clarify, here is the plan, as of today, 9:56 pm. This can and will change most likely.
First I am flying to Mexico City and then to Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas (I dare you to try to say that city's name). That is where my boyfriend, Edwin lives, who some of you know. I will be staying there with his family who are all really wonderful people. I guess we'll be hanging out, walking around the city in the scalding heat and drinking yummy pozol and visiting his family, etc. We might travel around chiapas too....Then its off to traveling to Nicaragua. I plan on taking buses across Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras and stopping at some places along the way, mostly just in guatemala. In Nicaragua I will visit Bree for about a week, then head on back to Mexico. (This explanation is getting loooooonnngggg).
From November 10-Dec 9th I will be taking a course to get a TESOL certificate, a certificate that will qualify me to teach english in tons of schools all over the world, and will just prepare me. I think its going to be basically awesome. I will be taking this class in Veracruz, a port city filled with sailors, hot ocean breezes that decay the brightly pink and yellow painted walls, fresh fish, fried plantains, both young and old folks dancing in the streets, and black people. Don't be mad- Im talking like actually black people, just like in the US. You laugh now, but there are just not many in the whole country of Mexico and its pretty awesome because the city has a steel-drum-afro-carribean-feel.
After that I should be looking for a job teaching english and then coming home for christmas. Well, thats enough for now. Look foward to my next entry, which will hopefully be more interesting and less logistics....blah blah blah.
bye!

7 Comments:
jessica i love you! and you know one of my dreams is to further the studies on afro-mexicanos el tercer raza olvidado!
even though i don't get the title of your "blog," i still look forward to reading it, because you are funny and you capture things in words real good.
yay jess is coming to nicaragua! hope all goes well jess and im rooting for you...see you soon!
BLOG COMMENT HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY
your feather earrings, were you not taken, would get you lots of play in Mexico. I am sure of it.
I heard from Patti that you are traveling tomorrow and I hope that you have a safe and really fun time.
Good Luck and.... I got and I like it!
Dag! I just wrote you comments and it erased them. Anyways, I want you to know that while in Guatemala you should go to: Tikal, Livingston, and this crazy cool ranch place that Zeb and I went to (I will find out the name for you). I miss you already.
"That is where my boyfriend, Edwin lives, who some of you know."
I thought his name was Edwin Aguilar.
I miss you. Come home.
Also, I went ahead and stole your phone charger. And your bourbon. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home